New Entrants - September 2022
We are planning to run school tours during the Autumn Term for prospective new parents. These will be on:
Tuesday 12th October - 1.45pm
Friday 19th November - 9.30am
Wednesday 24th November - 1.45pm
Thursday 2nd December - 9.30am
Places will be limited due to Covid-19 so you MUST book your place on our tours. Please contact the School Office - firstname.lastname@example.org or 01732 882405 - to register your interest.
Information on Primary School Applications
Ightham Primary School admits pupils full time in the September for pupils whose birthdays fall between September and December. Those whose birthdays fall between January and August are admitted full time in September if their parents wish or parental requests to defer entry until the start of the Spring term will be granted. However, parental requests to defer entry until the following year will not be guaranteed a place at the school. We do not hold open places where the school is oversubscribed.
Where the number of applications exceeds our pupil admission number (30) places will be allocated in the following priority order, following the LA Admissions Policy:
- Children in the care of Kent County Council
- Where the child has a sibling attending Ightham Primary School at the time of entry (where the family continues to live at the same address as when the sibling was admitted or has moved to a new property within two miles (via the shortest available walking route) of the school).
- Where there are medical grounds (supported by a doctor) for admitting the child and where the school has adequate facilities to support access of need.
- Proximity of the child’s home is measured in a straight line (as the crow flies) to the School.
- When we wish to admit more pupils than the standard number we will seek the agreement of the LA Admissions Authority.
The Governing Body has established the following arrangements for appeals against non admission:
- A written application to the Area Education Officer of the LA if unsuccessful.
- A final stage of appeal to an Independent Statutory Appeal Committee.
Click the link below for further information on primary school places:
Casual In-Year Admissions Form
Use the form above for all applications for admission to the school other than new entrants to our reception class for September 2021. The form should be given to our office staff in the first instance. Where the year group is full, you will be given the option of placing your child on the waiting list for a place. Our oversubscription criteria is as above.
This does NOT apply to new entrants into our Reception (EYFS) class as this is carried out through a different system which is run by KCC and not the school.
Ightham Primary School is able to take a maximum of 210 pupils. Within each year group, we accept a maximum of thirty children. If you are interested in a place for your child(ren), please don't hesitate to contact the school office and ask for a tour of the school with the Head Teacher. Should you wish to apply for a place at Ightham Primary School, you would need to submit a Casual In-Year Admission Form directly to the school.
If there is not currently a place available, but you would like your child to attend Ightham Primary School, you should submit your In-Year Casual Admission Form to the School Office and your child will be placed on the waiting list.